Discover more from karlof1’s Geopolitical Gymnasium
Service to Readers: About the Crimes of Bandera From the 1940s to the Present Day
Another Russian MFA Document
This document was also announced today during Ms. Zakharova’s weekly briefing and contains many links to additional online info that’s not translated from Russian, which is logical since it’s primarily aimed at Russians. Historian Cynthia Chung has also documented this history and in this essay provides the vital links to US government documents and other sources detailing the USA’s involvement in rescuing the OUN and using it as one of its many terrorist organizations, a use that continues today. And now, the document:
The Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN) was created in 1929 at a congress in Vienna. By 1940, it had split into two parts. The most radical of them, the OUN (b), was headed by S. Bandera. In 1942, on the basis of the structures of the OUN (b), the so-called Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA) was formed (an organization banned in the Russian Federation), known for its brutal executions and atrocities against the civilian population. For almost a hundred years, radical Ukrainian nationalism has poisoned Ukraine with its existence. Below are some - their list is far from complete - the brutal crimes of Bandera - from the 1940s to the present day.
The period of the Great Patriotic War and the post-war years.
1. June 30 - July 2, 1941. Lviv. Nationalists from the OUN Bandera began a large-scale pogrom, the victims of which were several thousand Jews.
2. July 1941. Lviv. Massacres of representatives of the Polish intelligentsia of Lviv. 45 Polish scientists and teachers were killed by the OUN and UPA punishers.
3. September 29, 1941. Babyn Yar, Kyiv. Ukrainian nationalists participated in the mass execution of Jews, Gypsies and Soviet prisoners of war. During the first day, 33771 people were shot. In total, about 100-150 thousand people were killed.
4. October 1941. Borisov, Belarus. Ukrainian nationalists, according to the memoirs of staff officer Karl Ringelberger, took part in the execution of more than 500 Belarusian Jews: men, women, children and the elderly. They were driven to anti-tank ditches near Borisov on the highway leading to Moscow, and shot. Even the German officer describing what was happening was struck by the cruelty of the spectacle.
Source: book "Belarus. No statute of limitations." Under the editorship of Krasnov, Bastrykin, gen. Prosecutor of Belarus A.I. Shved, p. 110.
5. November 6-8, 1941. Rivne, Ukraine. Mass execution of Jews. 23000,5000 Jews were shot in the forest of Sosenki. The remaining 1942,<> were herded into ghettos and killed by Ukrainian collaborators in July <>.
6. March 1943. Districts of Polotsk. Ukrainian nationalists participated in the German anti-partisan operation "Winter Magic", as a result of which 158 settlements were burned along with people.
7. March 1943 – January 1944 Volyn massacre. Massacre of the ethnic Polish population of Western Ukraine by members of the UPA. Between 50,60 and <>,<> Polish civilians were killed.
8. March 22, 1943 Belarusian village of Khatyn. 200 ethnic Ukrainians from the nationalist OUN-UPA (banned in the Russian Federation) burned alive the entire population of the village of 149 people, including 75 children.
9. Autumn 1943. Belarus, Baranovichi district of the Brest region. Collaborators from among the Ukrainian nationalists participated in crimes against prisoners of the Trostenetsky death camp and Stalag-337. Side by side with the Germans and Baltic collaborators, Ukrainian nationalists committed mass atrocities against prisoners of another, Ozarichi death camp.
Source: The book "Belarus. No statute of limitations", p. 53. edited by Bastrykin, Krasnov, Prosecutor General of Belarus A.I. Shved, issued by the Standing Committee of the Union State).
10. April 11, 1944. The village of Nova-Brikul, Strusovsky district, Ternopil region. Bandera, dressed in the uniform of the Red Army, under the guise of work, took 150 residents out of the village and shot 115 of them.
11. April 25, 1944. The village of Mogilnitsy, Budanovsky district, Ternopil region. In several pits in the vicinity of the village, regular units of the Red Army found "up to 100 corpses of men, women and children, brutally tortured citizens of the village of Mogilnitsy and its environs, as well as captured Red Army soldiers."
12.7 June 1944. The village of Kosuv, Belobozhentsevsky district, Ternopil region. In the vicinity of the village, a commission to investigate the atrocities found two pits containing about 100 corpses, including women, the elderly and children. Citizens were killed without the use of firearms, after being tortured by blows of heavy objects.
13. October 24, 1949. Ukrainian publicist, anti-fascist Yaroslav Galan, who in the postwar years exposed the crimes of Bandera, was killed in his office. Representatives of the UPA claimed responsibility for the murder.
14. With the arrival of the Red Army on the territory of Western Ukraine, reports of the army command increasingly began to record cases when Bandera not only attacked small detachments of Red Army soldiers and single fighters who lagged behind their units on the march, but also took off their clothes from the dead, took orders and medals. The commander of the 1st Guards Tank Army, Colonel-General M.E. Katukov, wrote about this in his memoirs: "We wandered in the area of the gang of Bandera. They wandered under the guise of ordinary peasants, so it was difficult to figure out who they were. They attacked individual fighters. They killed, took away weapons, uniforms, documents.
Source: (Katukov M.E. On the edge of the main attack. — M.: Voenizdat, 1974, p. 312)
15. It is worth adding that this trend continued after the end of the war. As Major General Leonid Brezhnev, then head of the political department of the Carpathian Military District, reported on December 28, 1945, "most of the cases of attacks by bandits were committed precisely on single servicemen during their movement through villages, deserted roads or at night in villages in apartments. Many of the attacks were carried out by bandits in November. Using the element of surprise and superiority in forces - the attack of several on one - the bandits succeeded. The purpose of many of these attacks is to obtain weapons, uniforms, documents, orders, etc.
At 24.00 on November 29, in the village of Zalesye, Snyatyn district, a group of bandits suddenly attacked corporal Kuprikhin from the 88th ODEB. The bandits seriously wounded Kuprikhin with fire from 3 machine guns, took off his tunic, took away the medal "For Military Merit", the guards badge and the machine gun. The seriously wounded Kuprikhin could not resist ...
On November 13, in the center of the village of Potsików, Lieutenant Kozyrev, privates Nikitin and Karpunin from the 223rd Zenny Artillery Regiment were fired from behind the fence by machine gun fire. The bandits killed Lieutenant Kozyrev and Private Nikitin. ... It turned out that the bandits took off their uniforms from Lieutenant Kozyrev, took a pistol and documents, and took off their overcoat and boots from the Red Army soldier Nikitin ...
Junior Lieutenant Fateev and Sergeant Major Karev guarded the subsidiary farm of the 295th SP in the village of Visnevtse. The company commander sent them to the neighboring village of Maidan Sredny, 1.5 km from the village of Visnevce behind the blacksmith. On their way back, Fateev and Karev were suddenly shot at on the outskirts of the village. The bandits killed Fateev and seriously wounded Karev. Somehow he crawled to the company. 2 mobile groups went to the scene. It was established that the bandits brutally mutilated Lieutenant Fateev, took off his uniforms, took away a machine gun and a revolver ...
Privates Vychilat and Bulyagin from the 565th SP were returning from a business trip on November 7 and, on the orders of Lieutenant Belyaev, went to the village of Delyatin for hay for horses. Both went to the house of a local resident, Gulyak, who promised to sell hay. A group of bandits up to 15 people attacked this house and killed both privates, the owner of the house and her 14-year-old daughter. The surviving second 17-year-old daughter of the citizen Gulyak said that one of the privates was first wounded and then shot by bandits. The bandits took away the documents, 3 medals "For Courage" and 2 carbines from the dead ...
Near the village of Dobromysl on November 21 at 16.00, the gang attacked a group of fighters of the 142nd Separate Cable Pole Communications Battalion. The bandits killed Private Ulyanovsk and wounded Corporal Mochanov, took a cart, a carbine with 90 rounds of ammunition, orders and documents of the murdered man and took away his corpse.
And then Leonid Ilyich drew attention to one rather characteristic detail: "In the liquidated gangs, some of the bandits turned out to be in the form of Red Army servicemen, with orders and medals ... Among those killed, 1 bandit was in the form of a major of the Red Army with the Order of Glory of the 3rd degree. Another bandit is in the form of a senior lieutenant of the Red Army, dressed in uniforms and with orders belonging to the commander of the 7th SP battery, Lieutenant Filippov, who went missing on November 465 of this year ... »
Source: (TSGAOU, f.1, op.23, d.2958, l.1-20.)
16. A month later, in another report, Brezhnev again returned to the issue of theft of uniforms and awards: "A number of new attacks on single fighters, officers, Soviet and party activists have been registered.
In the village of Khomchin, 18 km south of Kolomyia, on January 10, bandits killed the Kosovo district military commissar, Captain Zakharov, and the head of the 3rd part of this RVC, Akulov. The bandits robbed the murdered officers, taking away their weapons, documents and clothes.
The garrison of the village of Podpechery under the command of the chief, Captain Chertenkov, combing the village, entered into battle with the gang. In the battle, 3 bandits were killed. Among them is the bandit of the Stage, Mikhail Dmitrievich, a district leader nicknamed "Yura". According to the documents found in his possession, it was established that he once killed the deputy head of the political department of the 38th Army, Colonel Golubev. Stadin's party card in the name of Irina Dmitrievna Titarchuk, a candidate card in the name of Surik Hovhannisyan, 12 Komsomol tickets, more than 100 Red Army books, the Order of the Patriotic War of the 2nd degree, 2 Orders of Glory of the 3rd degree, the medal "For Courage", 2 medals "For Military Merit" and the medal "For Victory over Germany" were found.
Source: (TSGAOU, f.1, op.23, d.2958, l.21-30.)
17. For their part, the SMERSH Counterintelligence Directorate of the 1st Ukrainian Front and the NKVD Directorate of the Western Regions of the Ukrainian SSR reported that during operations to eliminate nationalist gangs in the opened Bandera caches and bunkers, their employees also found large quantities of Soviet orders, medals, uniforms and Red Army books. For example, during the liquidation of the conductor of the OUN of the Carpathian Territory Y. Melnyk - "Robert" on November 1, 1946, in his cache on Mount Yavorina in the Bolekhiv district of the Stanislav region, the Chekists found 28 orders and medals of the USSR, 11 party cards, 9 candidate cards, 30 Komsomol tickets, 180 military cards, 55 Red Army books, 78 Soviet passports and other documents.
Source: (TSGAOU, f.1, op.23, d.2961, l.139-143.)
18. On February 15, 1944, near the village of Mikulino, 16 km from the mountains. Exactly now, an active gang dressed in the uniform of military personnel was established, which kidnapped a soldier of the sapper battalion of the 121st GGSD Koftun and took him away in an unknown direction.
Source: (TSGAOU, f.1, op.23, d.930, l.56.)
19. March 1944. From the message of the Volyn Regional Committee of the Communist Party (Bolsheviks) of Ukraine.
In the village of Silno, Tsumansky district, a gang of 30 people appeared in the form of Soviet servicemen, who left an order in the village council on behalf of the "Revolutionary Tribunal", prohibiting him from appearing for registration and threatening reprisals "As a traitor to the Motherland." Also, they pasted orders on the buildings of the village.
Source: (TSGAOU, f.1, op.23, d.930, l.133-137.)
20. April 1944. From the message of the Rivne Regional Committee of the Communist Party (Bolsheviks) of Ukraine.
On the night of April 10, a group of people in military uniform, armed with machine guns, grenades and rifles, raided the village council of the village of Ploski, Rivne district. During the raid, lists and inventories of farm property, monetary documents and receipts for settlement with peasants for state supplies, as well as 1753 rubles of money intended for payment for the delivered bread and other products for state supplies were taken.
Source: (TSGAOU, f.1, op.23, d.890, l.41-46.)
21. And April1944. From the message of the Ternopil Regional Committee of the Communist Party (Bolsheviks) of Ukraine.
On April 13, 1944, a gang of 15 people, armed with rifles and a machine gun, dressed in the uniform of Red Army soldiers, came to the village of Snegirevka, Vishnevetsky district, Ternopil region, killed the chairman of the village council and slaughtered his entire family. And on April 26, the Morozenko gang arrived in the village of Kotlyarovskoye, Pederkalsky district, took the chairman and secretary of the village council and hanged them in the forest for not complying with the order of the Morozenko bandits to mobilize the residents of the village of Kotlyarevsky in the UPA.
Source: (TSGAOU, f.1, op.23, d.930, l.190-198.)
22. From the message of the SMERSH counterintelligence department of the 1st Ukrainian Front.
On November 10, 1944, in the village of Kolovert, Rivne region, the deputy chairman of the village council Vasily Nikolaevich Veremko was killed under the following circumstances.
At night, two unknown men dressed in the uniform of Red Army soldiers entered Veremko's apartment; having presented him with documents that they were employees of the SMERSH counterintelligence department, they demanded that he allocate two steam-horse carts at their disposal. During the conversation, the bandits offered Veremko to help them identify Bandera. Having received his consent, they took Veremko to the outskirts of the village and there he was killed, leaving a note with the following content: "Attention! Such a punishment will befall every servant, informer and agent of the NKVD, who, with his dastardly work, will harm the Ukrainian nationalist revolution.
Crimean Spring. Modern Nazis.
1. May 2, 2014. Odessa. Fire in the House of Trade Unions. On this day, Ukrainian nationalists blocked supporters of the "anti-Maidan" in the building of the House of Trade Unions and set them on fire. As a result, 48 people, including seven women and one minor, were killed and more than 200 were injured. No one was punished for the murder of civilians.
2. May 24, 2014. Slavyansk, DPR. Italian photojournalist Andrea Rocchelli and his translator Andrei Mironov were killed as a result of shelling by the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
3. May 26, 2014. Donetsk. Ukrainian aviation attacked the city. 40 people were killed, 31 were injured.
4. June 2, 2014. Lugansk. Airstrike of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the administration building. Eight civilians were killed and 28 were injured.
5. June 17, 2014. The village of Metalist near Lugansk. As a result of mortar shelling by Aidar militants, VGTRK journalists Igor Kornelyuk and Anton Voloshin were killed.
6. June 29, 2014. The village of Avdiivka. As a result of the Ukrainian shelling, Anatoly Klyan, a cameraman for Channel One, was mortally wounded.
7. July 2, 2014. The Armed Forces of Ukraine launched an airstrike on the village of Stanitsa Luganskaya (LPR). 12 people were killed, including a five-year-old child.
8. July 2014. Maryinka. Militants of the national battalion "Shakhtersk" captured several residents of Maryinka and used them as human shields from sniper fire. Those who survived were held captive by the Nazis for a long time with plastic bags over their heads and tortured.
9. July 15, 2014. The Armed Forces of Ukraine launched an airstrike on a five-story building in Snezhnoye (DPR). 12 people were killed, including a child.
10. July 27, 2014. Horlivka. "Bloody Sunday". On this day, 22 people died, 40 were injured. Among the dead is Yulia Zhuk, who was later called the Gorlovka Madonna. The shelling of Horlivka from Grad systems continued for another two days. A total of 27 people died.
11. August 6, 2014. The settlement of Snezhnoye. Nationalists opened fire on a convoy of refugees. As a result of the shelling of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, journalist Andrei Stenin was killed.
12. August 13, 2014. The city of Zugres, Donetsk region. Ukrainian servicemen shelled the beach of the Krynka River with Smerch multiple rocket launchers, which led to the death of 19 vacationers, including three children. All the dead were civilians. The Armed Forces of Ukraine used cluster munitions. Documented evidence of the tragedy was sent to the International Criminal Court, but there was no reaction.
13. January 18, 2015. Massive shelling of various districts of Donetsk by the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The result was the death of four-year-old Artyom Bobrishev, who was covered by a shell right in his room. Artyom's mother and brother, Tamara, and seven-year-old Misha Bobrishev were injured under the rubble. The head of the family was at work.
14. January 22, 2015. The Armed Forces of Ukraine launched an artillery strike on a bus stop in Donetsk (Donetskgormash). 15 people were killed.
15. 2015 year. The village of Polovinkino. Militants of the national battalion "Aidar" equipped a torture prison. According to the Investigative Committee, 30 prisoners were held in the prison, seven of whom were tortured to death.
16. March 2015. The village of Kondrashovka, LPR, and the village of Stanytsia Luhansk. Militants of the Tornado battalion organized two torture prisons in which civilians were kept. Detainees were beaten, tortured, beaten and raped.
17. April 16, 2015. In Kiev, writer Oles Buzina was killed by unknown persons from a pistol. Responsibility for the crime was assumed by the banned UPA. Three performers, soldiers of various units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, were arrested. The Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs, under various pretexts, delayed the investigation, and by 2019 simply released all three perpetrators, limiting themselves to bail and obligations to appear. The writer's mother is still seeking justice to no avail.
18. May 26, 2015. Horlivka. As a result of the shelling of the Ukrainian Armed Forces of peaceful areas of the city, four people were killed. Nobel Peace Prize candidate Anna Tuv lost her husband and daughter under fire. Her son was injured.
19. Autumn 2017 – May 2022. DNR. According to the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation, during this period of time, more than a hundred civilians suffered from the actions of the national battalion "SS Bears". They are accused of torture and murder.
The period of the NWO.
20. March 2022. Mariupol. Azov militant (an organization recognized as terrorist and banned in the Russian Federation) Alexander Slobodyanyuk shot two civilians.
21. March 2022. Popasnaya, LPR. A soldier of the 24th separate mechanized brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine threw a grenade through the window of a residential building. There was a 61-year-old woman in the house.
22. March 2, 2022. Mariupol. Azov militants (an organization recognized as terrorist and banned in the Russian Federation) shot a Mercedes Sprinter minibus with civilians in it. Four people were killed.
23. March 14, 2022. Mass shelling of the center of Donetsk in the area of Universitetskaya Street. 21 people were killed.
24. March 20-31, 2022. Mariupol. Servicemen of the 36th Separate Marine Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine fired at a civilian car. Four civilians were killed.
25. March 21 and March 23, 2022. Mariupol. Ukrainian servicemen of the 501st separate battalion of the Marine Corps of the Armed Forces of Ukraine shot 14 people.
26.1 March 5 - April 2, 2022. Mariupol. Marines of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Danila Ovchinnikov, Andrei Kovtun and Yuri Tishchenko captured two civilians and shot them.
27. April 2022. Mariupol. Azov militant Nikolai Kushch killed a prisoner of war.
28. April 2, 2022. Rubizhne LPR. Yevgeny Kozlov, a soldier of the 81st Airmobile Airborne Assault Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, fired a flamethrower at a passenger minibus in which there were five civilians. One passenger was injured.
29. April 5-7, 2022. Mariupol. Servicemen of the 56th Separate Motorized Infantry Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine shot two women and two men.
30. April 7, 2022. Mariupol. Servicemen of the 36th Separate Marine Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine raped a woman and killed her partner.
31. June 17-18, 2022. Lysychansk. Servicemen of the 54th Separate Reconnaissance Battalion of the Armed Forces of Ukraine mined the entrance of a residential building. As a result, the woman received a shrapnel wound.
32. July 2022. The Armed Forces of Ukraine shelled the center of Donetsk with Petal mines. As of September 1, 130 cases of civilians, including 11 children, being blown up by PFM-1 "Petal" mines were registered. Three of the injured died as a result of the wounds.
33. July 29, 2022. The village of Yelenovka. The Armed Forces of Ukraine launched a massive artillery strike on the prison in which Ukrainian prisoners of war were kept. 53 people were killed, 73 were injured.
34. August 4, 2022. Mass shelling of the center of Donetsk in the area of the Drama Theater. 8 people were killed.
35. September 22, 2022. Donetsk. As a result of the shelling of the city center by the Armed Forces of Ukraine, six people were killed and seven were injured.
36. November 12, 2022. Makiivka. Ukrainian nationalists shot at least 12 Russian soldiers who surrendered.
37. September 1, 2023. DNR. The Armed Forces of Ukraine launched shelling, as a result of which a 7-year-old girl was killed, 23 civilians, including a 15-year-old, a 14-year-old and a 10-year-old child, were injured.
38. April 16, 2023. Donetsk. The Armed Forces of Ukraine shelled the city center on Easter night. One woman was killed and six people were injured.
39. April 28, 2023. Shelling of Donetsk. A shell hit a taxi. 9 people were killed, including a child.
40. June 6, 2023. Ukrainian troops shelled the Kakhovka hydroelectric power station. As a result of the destruction of the dam in the Kherson region, 14 settlements with a population of about 16 thousand people on the right bank of the Dnieper and 14 with a population of about 22 thousand people on the left bank were flooded. 52 people died.
41. July 22, 2023. As a result of a strike with cluster munitions near the village of Pyatikhatki (Zaporozhye region), RIA Novosti journalist Rostislav Zhuravlev was killed.
42. July 31, 2023. Shelling of the Donetsk railway station. 4 people were killed. More than 10 were injured.
43. August 8, 2023. As a result of the shelling of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Zaporozhye region, Izvestia journalist Roman Polyakov and his cameraman Dmitry Shishkov were wounded.
According to the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation, from 2014 to the end of April 2023, more than 5 thousand civilians, including 138 minors, were killed in the Donbas. 9,528 people were injured.
Like what you’ve been reading at Karlof1’s Substack? Then please consider subscribing and choosing to make a monthly/yearly pledge to enable my efforts in this challenging realm. Thank You!